When selling your home you often overlook things because you see them every day. Here are things that are very likely to turn off a home buyer if you are planning to sell your home or already have listed your home resolving these items can bring you a more money or yet a faster closing date.
1. A Dirty House - Get rid of trash and clutter, Steam clean tile and grout. Avoid cooking strong smelling food when you might have home showings or open houses.
2. Wallpaper - Despite how much you like your decor, wallpaper is not popular anymore and turns off a lot of potential home buyers. How to remove wallpaper
3. Bad Curb Appeal - If your home looks bad from the road many home buyers won't even inquire about your home. Make sure your yard is clean, and plant flowers in the Spring and Summer months to make your home look inviting.
4. Fixtures & Appliances - Spending a little to update fixtures can change the overall look of a room. Replace dated drawer or cabinet knobs, old light fixtures or ceiling fans. If you have 10 year old appliances replacing them could really impact the value and look of the kitchen.
5. Pets - When possible arrange for pets to be away during showings or open houses. Too many pets or pet odors can really turn off a buyer.